A metaphoric sunglass


I had never been a sunglasses wearing person up to now. When I was in Banff, with all the bright white snow glaring up at me from the bottom, and the beautiful sunlight from above, I had to get something. Well I wanted to put this  on because I thought it was a nice photographic composition haha. What do you think? And no, these arn't $200 sunglasses. They are from Shopper's Drug Mart :D. Yup, Im not one to spend sooo much time in the malls or a lot of money on a pair of sunglasses. These were like $15. I wish I could wear it more often, but where I am from, its just cloudy and cold with only a glimpse of sunlight peaking through once in a while.

Metaphorically speaking though. I think my life is a lot like wearing sunglasses. People know I exist, but they dont really know my character or personality. Its not like I am a introvert, but with stuff going on in my life that I have to pursue (career wise), and not having the energy and strength to want to keep up with things like facebook, I feel like this is my only refuge to let out my true thoughts. I guess its like being able to take off my sunglasses and just be me. Are there blogger's like that?

On another note, thank you for everyone who has dropped by and read and commented on my blog. It really means a lot to me to know that people are actually reading. It gives me inspiration and determination to continue on regularly and not give up posting.

2 comments:

paul bitzan January 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

I have to admit that I am a bit of a sunglass-o-phile. In fact, I am shopping for some new shades as soon as I'm done with this comment.

The TIMES Of everywhere January 5, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

Even i dont spend a lot on a pair of sunglasses I'm using the same one for some 6 months :)

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Discuss/ Leave comment :D

Followers

Twitter